Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Hand, Foot and Mouth Scare

I haven't written anything for ages. Over the last week or so I've kept thinking 'Oooh, I must write a blog post about that..' and now I can't remember what I was going to write about! I blame 'baby brain'...still.

However, this last week, we have had a bit of drama in our household. Lib's best friend was diagnosed with the highly contagious hand, foot and mouth disease,  a day after playing with Lib. Which means of course over the last 5 days I've been waiting for the worst to happen as it can take between 3 and 5 days for symptoms to materialise (generally cold-like symptoms, fever, and spots around the mouth and on the hands and feet, and mouth ulcers http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hand-foot-and-mouth-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx).

We had cold symptoms, particularly a really runny nose, but aside from a little rash around her mouth, it looks like our kid got off lightly. I even think the rash may have been caused from her dribbling and it irritating the skin under her dummy, and low and behold, a sixth tooth appeared yesterday, so the cold symptoms may have even been down to that.

Very relieved, because HFMD it sounds like a really unpleasant thing to get..and teething at the same time would have been so awful for Lib!

hand foot and mouth, baby, cow, MS

Sorry...it's literally the only thing that comes to mind when I think 'foot and mouth'.


No comments:

Post a Comment