Friday 2 November 2012

Low-fat Chocolate Blondies

After a morning of the chocolate grumbles, I decided to give one of the recipes in the Swank recipe book a go, so I could have at least some sort of sweet puddingey moment without feeling guilty afterwards, and hazzaaa, there was a recipe for Chocolate Brownies!

However, after seeing the colour of them, they've now been downgraded to 'Blondie' status. They didn't do much to curb my chocolate cravings, but they are tasty nonetheless...quiet caramely and flipping sweet! I think in the future I'd put only a 1/3 cup sugar in because I used Lyle's Chocolate Syrup. That's the problem with it being an American book...I suspect chocolate 'syrup' is actually chocolate sauce. I think I might get something like this. Still low fat, but should deliver more of a chocolate hit!

Here's the recipe:


LOW-FAT CHOCOLATE BLONDIES 




















2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate syrup (or sauce)
1/3 cup of oil
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 tsp salt (which I left out)

Preheat oven to 170 deg C (150 deg for fan oven)
Beat eggs until foamy
Add sugar and vanilla and beat until thick
Add chocolate syrup and oil
Beat until smooth then add flour and salt
Mix throughly, then add nut or sprinkle them on top for a crisp crust
Spread in an 8-inch non stick square pan (I line it with greaseproof paper to make sure they came out!)
Bake for 30 mins.
Cut while warm, then remove from pan. 

Makes 16 small blondies.


2 comments:

  1. I would guess that the book means Hersheys Chocolate Sauce... Let me know if you need a bottle sending over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours came out a sight better than mine, which I renamed "crater cakes" and have discussed at some length on my blog! The texture was definitely more brownie-like than cupcake, but in a chocolate-deprivation frenzy, they're mighty fine!

    ReplyDelete