Monday 3 December 2012

16ft under the sea...

Ok, so I'm not actually under the sea. But I am in a pressurised container, which is the probably the closest I will be to being 16ft under the sea. I've bitten the bullet and I'm having oxygen therapy at the West of England MS Therapy Centre..which, fortuitously, is only 20 minutes down the road from me.

It's probably the strangest thing I've experienced. There's a group of 7 of us sat in a circle around the edge of the tank, all with oxygen masks on with the hissing of gas going off, but all doing mundane things like reading Kindles, flicking through magazines and surfing the net...or in the case of me, writing a blog and doing the food shopping! It's bizarre. :)

It's a big commitment (an hour or so every weekday for three weeks) but fingers crossed it'll be worth it. There's a chance I might feel worse in the next week or two, but according to a couple of people I've spoken to, it's worth the minor set-back. I just want to be as fit and healthy as I can be for our honeymoon at the end of February!

I'll keep you posted on developments....



No comments:

Post a Comment