Tuesday 6 August 2013

In a nutshell.

walnut, abstract,

It's been waaay too long since I posted anything, and despite being utterly knackered, I've promised myself I would write something today. Rather than try and pick one of the many things that have happened that are probably worth a blog spot all of their own, I thought I'd do a complete cop-out and give you my last month in a nutshell.


  • Heat. Heat heat heat HEAT!! Summer arrived. My last post was about this, but as the hot weather continued I ended up on a bit of a down-ward fatigue spiral. Urrrgghh. Needless to say I was on auto-pilot for most of July, and didn't have the mental capacity to write about...well..how I didn't have the mental capacity to write about anything.

  • Holiday! We had a great little holiday in Wales with our close friends. Luckily for me (though rubbish for everyone else) the weather broke, so I was treated to heavy rain and cool breezes. Bliss. Finally managed to regain some energy. It's amazing what a difference just a drop in a few degrees can make to my health. We had fun, frolics, and went to a pig alternative of the legendary Big Sheep! Livin' the dream! :)

  • FROG BREAKTHROUGH! The cottage in Wales was in front of a wood. It rained a lot. It was still kind of warm. Within a few days, the ground was covered in thousands of tiny frogs. They. were. every. where. The first time I noticed involved running. Then they become just kind of normal. They were only a centimetre or two in length, so the chances of one jumping up and chewing my face off was pretty slim. ;)  I even...wait for it....held one. Admittedly Si had to take it from me so I could start breathing again, but it was a big step on the way to ranidaphobia recovery!!! 

  • Swank Diet FAIL. Actually I wasn't too bad on holiday until the last day or two when I went out for an Italian meal with my lovely hubbie and ate a pannecotta. It was very nice, but I certainly got my comeuppance the next day with a bad tummy. Unsurprising really...I went from eating no cream whatsoever, to eating practically a whole tub of it in one go! Smooth. Trying to get back on it now, but I'm in a bit of a funk. It's an unfortunate mixture of wanting stodgy food because it's cooler, but not being bothered to cook anything nice. Needless to say, I've put all the weight back on that I lost. Rubbish (but not a surprise!)

  • After an incident with a trapped leg and a panicking daughter, we decided to take the plunge and move Lib from her cot into a bed. Last night was the first night, and *touch wood* it wasn't as bad as expected. Admittedly I ended up in her room at 4am trying to get her back down, but it certainly wasn't a 'hanging off the baby gate, screaming' scenario. Who knows what tonight will bring, though. I hope it doesn't come to that.....the baby gate sure isn't going to take my weight for much longer..... I will undoubtedly keep you posted on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment