Wednesday 14 January 2015

Is depression a kind of allergy?


It's like buses, right? No blog posts for a month, then two come along at once.

I just had to point out an article I read recently, because it makes so much sense to me, and I hope it offers a new insight into the treatment of depression.

The article was featured on the Guardian website in the New Year, and I'd recommend you to give it a read. http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/04/depression-allergic-reaction-inflammation-immune-system

Basically, a clinical psychologist (George Slavich) in California, after years of studying depression, has concluded that he believes depression to be the result of inflammation, and is more of a physiological condition than psychological.

Now, anyone who has read my blog will know that with me, I've always felt it was a biological thing rather than brought on by outside factors. His arguments are very interesting, and it certainly explains my depression and MS go hand-in-hand with one another.




No comments:

Post a Comment