Saturday 19 September 2015

Time marching on...

My brain is fuzzy so expect lots. of short sentences and. random punctuation.
But I'll give a blog post my best shot. It's been too long, and it'll be good for me to use my brain for doing something other than making photo-books and watching Great British Bake Off.  :)

Now if you know me, you know that I love Autumn and colder weather. But lordy be...it seems to have muscled in particularly speedily this year. Where did the summer go?! 
Ed is 4 months old tomorrow! Hhuuh whhhaa??!?!?

From this.....


To this!!!

He's a little cuddly bundle of giggly squidgy-ness but I've hardly seen him the last few days. As usual, the cold that has entered our house has hit me particularly hard and I'm left sounded like I'm purring because my chest is rattling so much. I have been exhausted, and the aches have been dreadful - all in all, a pretty miserable week for me. But as usual, managing to provide the silver lining to my cloud, Lib got on really well at pre-school and loved it! I'm not convinced the teachers are used to the level of unbounded enthusiasm Lib brings to things (I sort of felt like saying "good luck" to them!) but it's been a great start. She'll certainly keep them on their toes! It's been surprisingly emotional, even though it's technically just another nursery. I think it's because if Lib was born a few weeks earlier, she would be starting school and she's so ready for it (in fact....I really must not forget to get her school application in!!). We dropped her off on her first day thinking we would hang around for a bit and play with her (they really welcome that) but Lib had to tell us not once, but three times to leave! We clearly just couldn't get the message and were completely cramping her style! The cheek of it! :)

Another thing that has cheered me up this week though has been planning Lib's 4th (!) birthday party. I love having stuff to plan. The joy of being able to combine two houses, is that we have lots of space for lots of people to come to parties. The downside to combining two houses, is that we have lots of space for lots of people to come to parties. Ha! :) Especially, when you consider children's parties! It's going to be manic, but Lib will have a fantastic time. 

I on the other hand will sat with a large glass of wine in the corner, weeping, because my little girl is growing up so quickly.......



Seriously too cool for school...

No comments:

Post a Comment