Wednesday 21 March 2018

Good news overload!

It's been a week full of good news.

Firstly, I had my annual Tysabri review which went really well. Dr Inglis conducted the usual tests and seemed really pleased with the results. Plus...and it's a big plus....it turns out one of my brain lesions has actually shrunk since being on Tysabri. This is terrific news!
It's the first disease modifying drug I've been on that has actually worked.

Then the same day there was an article I read about how they've discovered a particular protein that is linked to MS. It's obviously a long way off from a cure but it all sounds promising.

And THEN they've announced they've made more developments with stem cell therapy and the results are great for people with relapsing remitting MS. There's a great breakdown on the MS-UK site for anyone who is interested.

So the future is bright. They've come a long way since I was diagnosed (17 years this April) and I feel more and more reassured about the future.

Back to the here and now though, and it's been a busy and therefore tough week. I have a lovely weekend away with my Mum and two aunts planned though, so I can get a bit of respite, ready to knock the Easter holidays out of the park. I'm planning on taking the kids to Lincolnshire on my own! It could be a disaster, but I've got to try these things. If it works out OK, it means I will feel less tied to the house which would be great. We even got the kids some passports the other day (not that I'd ever take them abroad on my own!) but it just goes to show how much more confident I'm feeling about travelling. You never know, maybe one day we'll get a proper summer holiday somewhere. As much as I like Wales, it ain't exactly tropical. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment