Tuesday 2 October 2012

Baby's First Birthday and the Emotional Rollercoaster

Haven't written anything for a while because I got caught up in the whirlwind that was Lib's first birthday! Planning and cake-making done, all I had to do was sit back and enjoy the day, which was really lovely and special though I hadn't expected the emotional rollercoaster that I would go through.
One minute so happy, the next sad, then nervous, then broody, then happy...blimey, I felt like a wreck.
Plus the night before I had labour flash-backs, so when I realised that exactly a year ago I was about to go into labour, it felt so nervous and agitated I couldn't sleep. It was unsettling, to say the least.

Needless to say, we got through the day, and the consequent party the following day (just!), but both me and Si were wrecks. Plus the thing that's surprised me most is that since then I've felt broody. I haven't felt even remotely broody before now! I can see why it's this time when lots of couples decide to try for another baby. However, despite wanting to have another baby my head definitely needs to rule my heart because I don't think I'll be able to cope with two little 'uns.
Who knows what will happen in the future though!


The birthday girl...looking very grown up!!


1 comment:

  1. Maybe we can time your second baby and my first so they can grow up like cousins :) After all, you have such a fantastic first snuggly baby! Hope her bday was amazing and I wish we could be there to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete