Thursday 18 August 2011

Pulled muscle and a big bum

Coming up to about 30 weeks pregnant, Bean got itself in a lovely position whereby it's bum was lodged under my ribs.

Up until that point I'd been getting plenty of kicks in that area (and lordy my baby can kick!) but I can honestly say that at the time I hadn't felt pain like it. It was such a constant pain and it was so hard to find relief from it. Bean had basically wedged itself under my ribs, and in doing so, had pulled a muscle at the top of my rib cage. The problem there was that when it did eventually shuffle round, and started kicking that area again, it felt like being stabbed in the ribs every time! Oooofff!

I tried everything safe I could think of to help calm it [see 'Painkillers and being comfortable'] but luckily they had prescribed me with co-codamol for my SPD, so I was able to get a small amount of relief with that. They did check me out at the Assessment Unit, as sometimes pain in the rib cage area can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia, but as suspected everything was fine with me and the baby. It was just unfortunate, and I was told it was just down to my baby having a big bum. Nice!

SPD, MS, pregnancy, big bump

Big bump and taking the 'smiling through the pain' approach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment