Saturday 15 December 2012

Flashes of lightning......and truffles.

Yesterday was a good day because for the first time in about...jeez...more than 2 months I felt my 'normal' self. Of course it didn't last long because of my usual going mad and doing too much, but for a brief while, my relapse seemed a distant memory.

I realised it was because my 'flashes of lightning' had gone. During the last couple of weeks, while the rest of my symptoms have improved, I've been having a new one, whereby when I tilt my head forward I get huge flashes of tingles up my legs and spine. I could judge how bad it was by how little I needed to tilt my head forward for it to happen. The only way I can think of describing it is that it's the same as the lurching feeling you get when you get pins and needles and the feeling starts to come back. Kind of tickly, but at the same time it makes you want to crawl out of your skin! *shudder*


shooting pains, lightening, cartoon, multiple sclerosis

Zap.

Luckily it's not so much of a constant thing now, and only really happens if I over-do it. It's still not taking much to do that, but at least I now have an in-built gauge declaring when I've done too much! Flashes of lightning = Sit down you ninny!!

Needless to say, I'm finding it hard to pay attention to my body with Christmas coming up. It's not that I'm going over-board, it's just that I enjoy the build-up and I love making treats for people! Simple as that. :)

Today has been Dairy-Free Chocolate Truffle Day!
There are some good recipes online that use a nut butter with dark chocolate, but I've gone down the 'as close to the original as possible' route, by using dairy-free/vegan alternatives.

Here's the basic recipe and it's so easy to do:

dairy free, chocolate, truffles, sweets, swank diet, multiple sclerosis









DAIRY-FREE TRUFFLES


- 300g dairy-free or really dark chocolate
- One 250 ml pot of Alpro soya cream
- 50g soya margarine

Melt the butter over a low heat, then add the soya cream. Mix and allow to heat up slowly until just about to bubble.
Take off the heat and add the coursely chopped chocolate. Stir slowly and continously until the chocolate has fully melted.
Pour into a tub and pop in the fridge until set (usually about 2 hours)

When set, use a tsp or melon baller to scoop out some of the mixture and roll into a ball.
Coat with whatever you fancy such as chopped nuts, grated chocolate, dessicated coconut, or cocoa powder. [You could also add flavours to the mix before you allow it to set. I split my mixture into 3, and put a squeeze of orange and zest in one, and amaretto and ground almonds in another.]

Store in an airtight container in the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment