Sunday 30 November 2014

7 weeks pregnant: The Appetite Says Bye-Bye

---- Just to remind you that this was actually written 7 weeks ago. Luckily my appetite has come back with a vengeance now ----


Ok, so I haven't had sickness, but I definitely have no appetite. I keep having to remind myself to eat! That is certainly not the norm :)

Food just holds no interest for me now, and when I think I want something, I start preparing it and change my mind. For some reason just opening the fridge is making my feel nauseous. I don't know whether it's got something to do with the cold, but bleuuueghh...it gives me the creeps. Weird.

I put on a couple of pounds over Lib's birthday holiday in Lincolnshire which I have lost again, along with another two. I know I should be having about 2000 calories, but that just seems a mountain of a task at the moment. Plus, the things I don't mind eating like toast, and cheese, and generally fatty savoury foods (boy?) play my IBS up, so it's tricky. I am consoling myself with the fact that I did eat healthily before, and I was like this last time in the first trimester, and Lib ended up being as healthy as they come. I think the problem is that in the back of my mind, I'm conscious that I don't want to put on too much weight this time (I put on a good 3/4 stone extra than I needed last time) and it took me so long to shift afterwards. So I have this pressure to think 'no, have a healthy alternative to curb that craving', when all I want to do is eat cheese. And chips with tomato sauce. And prawn cocktail crisps. And Skittles. Not a good mixture for a digestive system! Oof.



No comments:

Post a Comment