Friday 31 May 2013

That's one GRUMPY cat.

Oh..summer. You've sprung up on me again.
It's the end of May, and yet I was shocked today to find the temperature over 20 deg C. There's something wrong with that! It just illustrates how awful the weather has been recently. I was so close to putting the heating on 3 days ago...and now this!
Now, I know in the grand scheme of things 21 degrees isn't much to write home about. But it's the unpredictability that gets to me. I left the house in jeans, shirt, etc, and came back looking like a beetroot....in jeans, shirt, etc.
Since being diagnosed, I've never been good with the heat (to be honest, I don't remember EVER liking it). It panics me. It zombifies (I suspect that's not a word) me, and flares up the stiffness in my legs (thus I probably do actually resemble a zombie).
Since being pregnant though the way heat affected me improved so much (it just didn't bother me...I could sit out and drink lemonade in the sun like a normal person!). And again last year it was fine because Lib was too young to be tearing about.
However, what with 'Speedy Gonzalez' Lib here, I'm now faced with trying to resume business as usual...despite the heat. It tires me out just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. Even if zombifies ISN'T a word it should be, and I know EXACTLY what you mean!

    ReplyDelete